The dissertation is a special, strictly defined form of scientific work that has a scientific and qualitative character, and is prepared for obtaining a scientific degree. Officially, the following requirements are made in the dissertation proposal:
- Scientific research is carried out personally by the author.
- The dissertation contains a set of new scientific results and provisions.
- The dissertation has inner unity.
- The dissertation testifies to the personal contribution of the applicant to the development of the scientific problem.
- The new solutions proposed by the author are clearly stated, reasoned, and critically correlated with scientific developments known earlier.
- The author’s decisions are indicated by information sources, showing the information they have obtained.
- The results of the dissertation research are submitted by the applicant for public defense.